Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Jeffrey Davis

-->
 
-->
Can you send jeffrey a card or post a nurturing comment on his blogpost for us to forward. Use ffup; 29631 Wild Rose Drive as your return address if you wish. Fo those of you who have the time, this is a man who is hungry for deep discussions- it would delight him to get a serious penpal. Email FFUP at pgswan3@yahoo.com if you have any concerns or comments.

Jeffrey Davis is 30 years old, was convicted of a non violent crime and is eligible for early release and boot camp IF he can stop acting out and harming himself. He is mentally ill and has never got help. FFUP has invited him to write regularly. His first letter to me delineated the ammount of times he has tried to kill himself and how the staff ”does not Help”. I have written back asking him to tell us what that help would be. What does he need? What would actually help him? Since the prison only offers “suicide watch” to prisoners at risk, which means they are stripped naked and put in a cell with nothing- Is that the help he needs? Here we will try to widen the dicussion – In general our society has much to learn about dealing with difficult emotions . Right now we just lock them up until they explode.

Jeffrey Davis Jr. #353560-
Columbia Correctional Institution "
P.O. Box 900
Portage, WI 53901-0900

I am from the Madison area, have a medium sized family and most of them are still very supportive, but are busy with their own lives.
I am almost 30 years old, am 5’9" and weigh about 170 Ibs. depending on the amount of canteen I buy that week. I have blown hair and baby blue eyes. I wear fashionable-glasses. I exercise regularly and am active. I enjoy life, but have found prison to be the single most difficult thing I have ever encountered,
I am incarcerated for financial crimes associated wifch my family duties and gambling addiction. I am not a drug addict, and have quit gambling as well. I was first incarcerated in 2009, and have been in since. I am expecting to get out soon, but if the appeal fails, I will not be eligible for release until 2016.
I am learning the legal system and am fightiag for the rights of prisoners. I am no legal beagel but I am maneuvering through the state and federal courts in multiple lawsuits challenging the treatment of prisoners by correctional officers.
I spend thy time educating myself, reading, writing, researching, and thinking. I enjoy humor, and usually don't have my television on for more than a few hours a day. There is so much more to life than watching-other people.. But I am always ready to laugh. That is what life is all about; humor, and enjoying life.
I have children, and am the best father that I can be from inside.I draw, do beadwork, and write poetry and love to share it with my children.
I am not religious, but am spiritual. I dislike politics and parts of it. I enjoy intellectual conversations and as surprizing as it may be (....;) those are few and far between
That is precisely why I now seek a penpal. I would like some interesting and stimulating conversations that don't resolve around the affairs in here, though I would be hapov to share my world with someone out there. Thanks, Jeffey M. Davis, Jr.


More about Jeffreys’ journey 2 13
I am a mentally ill person incarcerated for a period of up to 11 yaers, but am eligible for early release and boot camp, if I can figure out how to get to the point where I don't feel the need to fight the system. I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, and ADD/ADHD, among others. I have been in prisen for just over four years and could be home in as soon as 2016...
I recently returned from an eleven month stay at HRC. It was not a good place for me at that point in my life. During that eleven month period, I attempted to take my life or otherwise engaged in serious (and potentially life- threatening) )self-injurious acts. These happened repeatedly ... I believe there were at least 8 emergency trips to the hospital to get emergency treatment for these suicidal acts and gestures. I was not at all provided with effective mental health treatment and was subjected to some of the worst deliberate indifference and negligence that I have ever seen or read about. It was truly atrocious;Peggy. It was bad!!
LINKS To read more go to:
To read model act put together by ACLU for the mentally ill go here> The WI DOC has put together a few model units that are working but have no funding to expand.







I am a mentally ill person incarcerated for a period of up to 11 years, but am eligible for early release and boot camp, if I can figure out how to get to the point where I don't feel the need to fight the system. I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, and ADD/ADHD, among others. I have been in prison for just over four years and could be home in as soon as 2016...
I recently returned from an eleven month stay at HRC. It was not a good place for me at that point in my life. During that eleven month period, I attempted to take my life or otherwise engaged in serious (and potentially life- threatening) )self-injurious acts. These happened repeatedly ... I believe there were at least 8 emergency trips to the hospital to get emergency treatment for these suicidal acts and gestures. I was not at all provided with effective mental health treatment and was subjected to some of the worst deliberate indifference and negligence that I have ever seen or read about. It was truly atrocious. It was bad!!
So, you must have noticed by now that it appears that I know exactly what they did wrong. That is because I have been research- ing exactly what I must do to redress these injustices. I am not one to lie down like a rug and let people walk all over me..I have filed 3 lawsuits federally against WRC, and even one against the hospital up there. I have three lawsuit pending with three other hospitals. I am not a litigator but I have many friends who are and they are helping me with them. I did win $3k from the hospital, but I was naiive and it was taken from me shortly thereafter by someone I thought was trustworthy. It won't happen again.
So, let us move on to the actual incidents... remember when you see this list that in each instance, the on-duty staff either ignored my pleas for help or failed to help me avoid the self-harm in some way, and they are negligent. I obviously don't blame them but I do believe they are responsible for their inactions. Okay,
I will get on with this horrendous .list.
1/5/12 I swallowed a key, fingernail clippers, and a corrosive
cleaning chemical and had to go to the hospital and - . have surgery.
2/28/12 I swallowed a key, a rock, a pen, and overdosed by taking more than 50 pills. -
3/1/12 While in the hospital for the 2/28 overdose, I swallowed an alkaline battery while under the watch of two guards
6/22/12 -- I swallowed three pencils. I had to have surgery, which was not effective and had to pass them naturally.
8/SD2/12 -- Requested a "timeout" in seg because of the suicidal ideation but was denied. Ingested eyeglasses which were left in my stomach for 11 days before having a surgery to remove them.
8/18/fi I swallowed two alkaline batteries in attempt to end
My suffering and was taken by ambulance to the ER, but they were not removed. Staff knew I was intending to harm myself, as was the case in every incident, but failed to help me.
9/13/12 - While on a restriction preventing me from having any
medications from any staff other than a nurse, I was able to save 46 tylenol up and overdosed after IO was taken to segregation for threats.
9/26/12 I swallowed three pens and a toothbrush. These were left in me for 9 days until I had surgery. I told three Officers that I needed help, no response at all.*
12/26/12 I was able to order tylenol from the canteen and did, I overdosed and had to stay in the hospital for 3 days
1/7/13 While in seg I was overcome with emotions and had no medication to help, I decided to end my life. I again ingested my eyeglasses. I went to the hospital but got no treatment. I returned to cci in the same cell.
1/8/13 I came back from the hospital and proceeded to sliced my wrist open, was denied treatment and was ignored for three hours.

Peggy, that is a very short summation of the incidents, I assure you that I was wronged, there was no way I was simply hurting myself. I needed help and not receive it. They became angry with me because I hurt myself repeatedly and their negligence increased with each incident.
So I have commenced action against the DOC. I have filed three federal '83 lawsuits (12-CV-559-wmc in the West. Dist. and cases 12-CV-llll-nj and 12-CV-1112-nj in the Eastern Dist.)and have one more that 1 am awaiting on a decision from the complaint reviewer before I, file the new one against CCI. I intend to make them pay for their wrongs. I will also not shut up about it. I intend to publicize itso much that, they have to change their ways. That is the key. I will win, and with the money I will broadcast it every way that I can and will stop at nothing to ensure that justice is done.
I see it over and over again. Inmates win by settlement and take the money,then leave alone. Ummm.. Hellooo! ! I They have a duty to ensure that they make a difference. I am the one who would even spend money to have a publicist make it known to the world. It is not just an injustice to us, it is a financial injustice to the community also. There must be connection to the public and the financial impact on them would be more persuasive, than to simply say "prisoners are repeatedly mistreated and won a lawsuit” . I think this is my calling. Why would they spend so much on hospital trips and lawsuits and fail to correct the issue? It is like ruining your engine by not getting the oil changed then putting in aa new engine and still not changing the oil in the new engine. Foolish.
I will not lie down. I am mad, I am smart, and I will make changes that will help these ...brothers in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment